Cosmetic surgery advances lead to more tummy tuck candidates
The invasive nature of traditional tummy tucks meant that few patients were able to justify having the surgery. However, medical innovations in recent years have allowed Dr Alan Greenberg and his team at North Texas Cosmetic Surgery to offer all the benefits of a traditional tummy tuck without the risk, recovery time and expense. Today, patients in Frisco, Plano and Dallas are becoming tummy tuck candidates by taking advantage of lipoabdominoplasty.
In fact, the addition of liposuction to a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty procedure means that patients get better results than with the previous surgical procedure. More fat is removed between the abdominal wall, and less blood loss occurs because the tumescent or “awake” anesthesia solution helps isolate fat for easier removal.
Dr Greenberg can perform the procedure in the comfort of his medical office without the expense of hospital overhead and without long recovery times. For these reasons, more women and men are discovering that they are tummy tuck candidates.
Qualities of ideal lipoabdominoplasty and tummy tuck candidates
- Excess skin around the waist or abdomen: Skin stretches and loses its elasticity with aging or significant weight fluctuations, such as those that occur during pregnancy. No amount of moisturizer will make it bounce back!
- Stubborn fat deposits: Both men and women find that fat accumulating around the waist and lower abdomen can be hard to eliminate with exercise. If there is a lot of fat inside the abdominal cavity, then candidates should lose it before surgery.
- Family planned: It’s best to wait until you are happy with the size of your family so that you do not have future pregnancies and thus stretch the abdominal muscles again.
- Healthy weight: Lipoabdominoplasty and tummy tuck candidates cannot use the surgery as a substitute for weight loss. It is designed to remove excess skin and small fat deposits as women and men near their weight goals.
- Non-smoker: Smoking constricts blood vessels and hinders the healing process. Proper blood flow is necessary to help your body heal. If you smoke, you must stop prior to surgery.
- No pre-existing conditions: Diabetes, liver problems, cardiovascular disease and other medical conditions may prevent tummy tuck candidates from undergoing this elective procedure. Previous abdominal surgery also may impact the decision.
Free consultations for tummy tuck candidates
Join the hundreds of lipoabdominoplasty and tummy tuck candidates who have achieved slimmer, trimmer waists and abdomens. Contact Dr. Greenberg for a free consultation to see whether lipoabdominoplasty is right for you.