Healthy Eating Can Contribute to Younger Looking Skin
Looking younger isn’t just about the genetic traits passed down from our parents, it’s also about the foods we eat.
What you put in your body can make you look younger.
Beta carotenes, lycopene, vitamin C and bioflavonoids are all important to healthy, younger looking skin. So the next time you’re at the grocery store, consider these five superfoods to help keep you looking younger, and keep you healthy too.
- Sweet potatoes are loaded with beta carotenes, great for smooth skin.
- The omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon can help bring back that natural glow.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, a potent antioxidant that can protect skin from sun damage.
- Citrus fruits have vitamin C and bioflavonoids, great for combatting free radicals, building collagen and protecting skin from UV rays.
- The lutein found in leafy greens protects skin from sun-induced inflammation and wrinkles.
Take a full circle approach to being beautiful no matter the age.
At North Texas Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Alan M. Greenberg and our team want you to feel beautiful at any age. If you would like to enhance your appearance with facial fillers or Botox Cosmetic, Dr. Greenberg can discuss these procedures with you.