Return the look of youth to aging features with fat transfer procedures
When you hear comments about a child’s “baby face” or “chubby hands,” they reflect the volume of fat that Mother Nature provides to protect human bodies as they grow. As we get older, certain layers of fat shift and lose volume. The skin becomes thinner and loses elasticity, developing wrinkles, folds and hollow areas. Think of the ways in which a plum turns into a prune! Alan Greenberg, M.D., can help you return to a youthful appearance with:
Resculpting problems areas to enhance your face, hands, breasts or buttocks
Many patients are pleased to provide their own unwanted fat for face, hand, breast and buttock fat transfer procedures. In fact, most people prefer it over injecting foreign substances. Since liposuction is an integral part of the procedure, you may decide to have a greater volume of fat removed than what is needed for the fat transfer procedure.
Relax knowing VASERlipo® is minimally invasive
Dr. Greenberg utilizes the new VASERlipo ultrasound technology to separate the fat from other tissues with minimal damage. This gentle liposuction process preserves the integrity of the fat cells, which are rich in stem cells, so they can be used to add volume to your face, hands, breasts or buttocks(?). The office procedure includes:
- injecting special saline solution to enable this procedure to be performed safely and with minimal discomfort in an office setting.
- removing intact fat and stem cells from the abdomen, waist, thighs or arms with VASERlipo
- using special fat transfer instruments to carefully inject processed fat and stem cells into areas requiring more volume and sculpt them into position
Fat transfer procedures offer additional benefits
Traditional dermal fillers, such a Juvederm® and Restylane®. are good options for younger patients requiring smaller areas to fill because these synthetic fillers are prepackaged for quick use and fill small areas and lines easily. However, a fat transfer procedure is a welcome benefit for many of our patients who need a large amount of filler to increase volume in their face or hands. Breast augmentation and Brazilian butt lifts also use large amounts of fat. Additional benefits of fat transfer procedures include:
- minimally invasive
- local or tumescent anesthesia
- fat filler used is your own so no foreign substances are added
- cost is less expensive than using large volumes of synthetic dermal fillers and the results last longer
- stem cells provide skin rejuvenation benefits
Contact Dr. Greenberg and the skilled team at North Texas Cosmetic Surgery and learn how patients in Frisco, Plano, Allen, McKinney and Dallas are looking younger thanks to fat transfer procedures.