See the best results for summer with liposuction today Even though you kept your New Year’s resolutions and faithfully followed your diet and fitness plans, spring is here, and your clothing is about to become more revealing.
See the best results for summer with liposuction today
Even though you kept your New Year’s resolutions and faithfully followed your diet and fitness plans, spring is here, and your clothing is about to become more revealing. As you contemplate wearing warm-weather fashions, you may notice those stubborn pockets of fat that refuse to go away. Now is the time to consider liposuction if you want to be ready when swim-suit season arrives.
Although you can return to work in two to three days following most liposuction procedures, the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery recommends that you allow two to three months before enjoying the full results of this process.
Identify your liposuction zones
Stand in front of the mirror and carefully consider your body. You could improve several problem areas in an afternoon. But you also need to allow time for routine swelling and bruising to diminish. Alan Greenberg, M.D., board-certified in cosmetic surgery of the breast, body and extremities, has performed more than a thousand liposuction procedures and finds that the following areas respond best:
- Arms: Eliminate a sagging appearance by reducing the weight of fat. You also can remove excess fat pads in front of and behind the arm-pits. If the skin lacks sufficient elasticity, then an arm lift/brachioplasty can eliminate excess skin or “bat wings” from the upper arms.
- Waist/abdomen: Liposuction addresses the subcutaneous fat that is located between the skin and the abdominal wall. If you have excess skin or if the abdominal fascia (the strong layer of tissue lying over the abdominal muscles) needs tightening, which may occur after multiple pregnancies or significant weight loss, then consider a tummy tuck/abdominoplasty.
- Buttocks: Although most patients ask for a fat transfer to the buttocks, Dr. Greenberg also can carefully liposuction fat from this area.
- Hips/thighs: The inner and outer thighs, as well as the hips can be done at the same time.
- Knees: Fat pads that accumulate on the inside of the knees can be eliminated, often when we perform liposuction of other areas.
- Back: Fat can accumulate in several areas on the back – around the bra line in women, plus the lower back, the posterior waist (behind the hips), and the area just below the neck, which is often called a buffalo hump. The tissue on the back is especially fibrous, so you want an experienced cosmetic surgeon to perform liposuction.
- Breasts: Liposuction for both women and men can effectively reduce the size of breasts. If there is excessive fat or skin to be removed, Dr. Greenberg recommends breast-reduction surgery and/or a breast lift for women and gynomastia for men.
- Chin/neck: Establish a defined jawline, balance facial features and eliminate “double chins” or “turkey necks” caused by excess fat. Patients in their 20s to early 50s respond best because their skin elasticity usually contracts smoothly and evenly.
Take off for vacation now
It’s not too soon to schedule liposuction so that you’ll look your best for summer vacation. Contact Dr. Greenberg and his team at North Texas Cosmetic Surgery to learn how he can help you show less fat when you show more of your body.