Get a taut tummy and tighten skin on the abdomen with Renuvion
It’s not funny when your belly jiggles like a bowl full of jelly – even after diet and exercise. Our bodies tend to store fat around the abdomen, so it can be difficult to remove these stubborn deposits. Liposuction can eliminate the fat quickly, but often the skin has stretched and cannot bounce back. Until recently, a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty was the only way to efficiently tighten skin on the abdomen. Now, our Frisco cosmetic surgeon is introducing Renuvion skin tightening technology to help patients get taut tummies.
Tighten skin on the abdomen without extensive scarring
A tummy tuck is a very effective way to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen and waist. However, if you have surplus skin – with just a little diet-resistant fat underneath it – consider our new Renuvion skin tightening procedure and possibly pair it with liposuction. The main differences between the two procedures are the size of the incision and the resulting scar, as well as the amount of excess skin the procedure can eliminate.
Deciding between a tummy tuck and Renuvion to tighten skin on the abdomen
Our Frisco cosmetic surgeon can perform both minimally invasive procedures in our office. Alan Greenberg MD uses tumescent “awake” anesthesia so that there is reduced risk, less expense and faster recovery. Although similar, both methods have key differences, including the following:
Renuvion skin tightening:
- Tiny incisions leave little to no scars. The Renuvion device can utilize the same 6-millimeter incisions created for liposuction.
- Subdermal skin immediately contracts in response to the Renuvion cool helium plasma.
- Skin tightens continually for up to six to nine months.
- Collagen production increases after the procedure, which revitalizes skin elasticity.
- Very affordable when paired with liposuction.
- Most effective for patients with slightly loose skin and small fat deposits. It’s not for those who have experienced significant weight loss or multiple pregnancies.
- Incisions usually extend from hip to hip to cut away excess skin.
- Skin is tightened significantly.
- Muscle fascia can be surgically tightened on protruding tummies.
- Belly button may need repositioning.
- More expensive than a procedure with the Renuvion device.
- Ideal for mommy makeovers.
Decide how tight is right for you
Deciding to tighten skin on the abdomen is easy for most of us. Choosing the best method to accomplish the task while keeping the process cost-efficient is trickier. Contact our Frisco cosmetic surgeon to find out how you can create a taut tummy on a tight budget with Renuvion.